“These violent delights have violent ends… Therefore, love moderately. Long love doth so.”
Romeo & Juliet 2:6
While Romeo and Juliet may be one of my least favourite works by Shakespeare on the grounds of sheer moral protest alone, this quote is one that has stuck with me.
“Nonviolent Delights” is, therefore, a digital diary of all the things I love and hope to fill my life with. Part book blog and part lifestyle diary with sprinkles of other bits in between. If work (&sleep!) intend to take up 70% of my life – this is the other 30%. The 30% that will keep me sane as I venture slowly into the adult world.
Actually About Me
I’m a twenty-something New Yorker who loves all things bookish and will read basically any genre in existence. I tend to veer towards YA, Historical Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, and the occasional poetry anthology. Books aside, I love to travel and play with makeup, which may pop up every so often on this blog. Come say hi anytime and welcome to my little corner of the interwebs!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any inquiries!